Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Belly-Stuffing Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Time for some breakfast baking!
I was searching for some variations of the classic breakfast oatmeal that I usually make, and came across this recipe from Women's Health (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/). The eight oatmeal recipes that they listed boasted to "change your life before 8am". Of course I had to try one. 
I opted for the "Belly-Stuffing Peanut Butter Oatmeal" recipe, because simply, that was the only recipe that I had all the ingredients for.

Belly-Stuffing Peanut Butter Oatmeal


2 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 cups vanilla soy milk *I just used 2% milk*
1 cup water
4 tbsp peanut butter

*I ended up halving the recipe since it was only me I was cooking for*
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine  oats and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add va­nilla soy milk, water, and peanut butter. Add to the oats. 



Pour mixture into dish, and bake for 20 minutes. Drizzle with syrup, or sprinkle with brown sugar. 
Makes 6 servings.



In the end, it turned out very thick and heavy. I guess that's why they called it the "belly-stuffer". It also had a heavy peanut butter taste, which was interesting mingling with the oats. I used old fashioned steel-cut oats, which made for some extra chewing, but gave it more taste.


In the end, I added some bananas because it was so heavy...not sure if I will make it again, but I'm sure other oatmeal lovers out there will appreciate it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment