Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sour Cream Softies

What do you do when you have so much sour cream, you don't know what to do? Make Sour Cream Softies, of course!
For some reason, I recall seeing a recipe in our collection for "Aunty Shannon's Sour Cream Softies". Now, for the life of me, I can't find it! If it even existed, after all.
I can't remember the last time I had one of these tender, sweet cookies, but they remind me of lazy afternoons underneath a patio canopy, with milky tea in delicate china cups, and sunshine. I can almost feel the warm summer breeze on my face.
Aaaahhh...

Sour Cream Softies

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
Cinnamon and sugar mixture


Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees Farenheit, and line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease with cooking oil. Sift all dry ingredients together, and stir until combined.


Cream butter and sugar. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, and add vanilla. And egg mixture to butter mixture and stir till combined. Fold in sour cream.


Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture in three parts, and stir until just combined. 
Use a small ice cream scoop to drop dough onto lined baking sheet.


Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until lightly, LIGHTLY, golden brown on the bottom edges.

Enjoy warm with milky tea, relaxing under a under a sunny patio canopy.



Happy Baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment